Electrical supervisors are nothing more than trained electricians. The people who specialize in this not only lead but also encourage, and supervise. They guide a group of electricians to ensure they are doing top-quality work. Electrical supervisors provide technical guidance on the installation, maintenance, and restoration of electrical systems. Aspiring electricians must pursue an associate’s degree in a technical program. Even a bachelor’s degree is a must to have more job opportunities.
What Do They Do?
An electrician is an expert in volts and technically one of the smartest people who supervises the work of an electrician. A major portion of work is done by them on a job site. They are responsible for maintaining all safety and compliance standards. The expert is also important to provide technical help as needed.
Role In The Mining Industry:-
Electrical systems play an important role in the mining industry. They are responsible as mine managers. They insure electrical safety, and also compliance with energy. Department of Mining Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) controls the electrical safety regulations . Mine managers must understand and be able to apply applicable laws and standards well. They must also insure safe practices, policies, industry agreements, and company standards.
An Electrical Supervisor also handles scheduling, assigning tasks, and training employees. He motivates the electricians to increase their productivity and achieve their work goals. They also ensure that equipment maintenance. One also complies with electrical and safety codes. Electricians assist with installation of electrical equipment’s, troubleshooting, and repairs as and when required. Other common job duties include designing electrical systems and circuits. Not only this, but also assisting in improving design and manufacturing processes.
Electricians usually have administrative duties besides their supervisory role. The mine managers are required to buy materials, ensure adequate inventory, plan a budget and many more. Not only this but also they must be efficient in rank purchases, prepare quotes, and document purchases. They may also maintain biographical records, salaries, and time sheets. Several Electrical Supervisors involve in hiring, firing, and evaluating employees.
Skills Required: –
- Employers need electrical engineers. They need them to have at least an associate degree in technology or engineering.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree are more attractive to potential employers.
- Apprenticeships may also be available. Besides, an educational degree, they should have potential network managers too.
- It is also important to be familiar with the electrical system. All the tools, equipment, and safety regulations are essential too.
- Network managers should be familiar with computer programs. Programs such as Microsoft Office and Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Some employers may need knowledge of problem-solving skills and hazardous materials classification.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar.
- Demonstrated experience as an electrician.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial and industrial electrical systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- -Familiarity with national electrical codes and safety regulations.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good attention to detail.
How Can You Become One In India?
For becoming an electrical supervisor in India, one must the right license. The license for electricians is an incentive to work at a positive voltage level. Voltage levels vary from country to country. If you plan to work at voltages equal to or higher than 11KV, you must get the license.
The license is usually issued by an authority called the Electrical Licensing Board. This is a major division of the Electrical Inspector’s Office. The headquarters of this authority called the Chief Electrical Inspector to Government. (CEIG).
To get a contractor’s license, you must hire at least one licensed engineer. One must holds a legitimate regulatory authority license. It is important for operating at the same voltage. (This can be the same person who is the proud owner of the business, no problem). One may get this through the same authority. Based on the engineer’s qualification, some get it after some tests and exams. Other get it throughs interviews and furthermore.
Also, the contractor must have a certain measuring equipment. The list of equipment varies from country to country. This equipment must have legitimate calibration certificates. They get issued by the electric utility’s measurement and control authority. This is nothing more than the power distribution. This is a department of the electric company. It usually has a measurement and testing laboratory in its network.