English is a diverse language and is almost spoken everywhere around the globe. Therefore, students are attracted to it from a career perspective. The degree course, Bachelor of Arts in English is designed in such a great way that it helps in the personality development of the student. Firstly this course is as good as any professional course in terms of job prospects. Secondly, the course is structured in such a manner that it enhances students' knowledge. However, making students aware of critical thoughts and content writing helps them to go through professional life as well as personal life. Pursuing BA has become a trend in India. Mostly it has many diverse career opportunities, starting from the government sector to the private sector. Now let's go into deep to know more about the program.
BA in English offers you a wide scope of careers. Certainly, English is a widely spoken language in so many countries like America, Canada, New Zealand etc. You can further opt for higher studies after BA and look for some corporate jobs around the globe.
After completing graduation in English, you can choose careers in fields like mass media, journalism, teaching, lecturer, content writing, advertising and public relations etc. Below are a few of the positions in which you can pursue and build a career in it :
- Language expert
- Editorial, editor in chief
- Printing and mass media
- Public health relations expert
- Marketing postings in the corporate sector
- Work in the entertainment sector
- Civil services
- Publisher( online publishing, book publishing etc.)
- Literature scholars
- Bloggers/ Reviewers
- Event management
Top companies hiring BA (English) graduates and their salaries :
Instantly the demand has increased for English graduates in our industry. However, English graduates are thought to have a greater command of language and also on skills. Below is the list of a few companies which hire BA (English) graduates :
- Genpact - Genpact is a service firm providing services like finance, auditing, enterprises application etc. The starting salary for freshers ranges from 1 lacs to 6 lacs package.
- Wipro - Wipro is a multinational corporation. The average salary for freshers at Wipro is Rs 3.1 lakhs with less than 1 year of experience or from 1 to 2 years of experience.
- India Today Group - India today group is a multimedia company. The average salary ranges between 3 LPA to 5 LPA.
- Cognizant - It is one of the world's leading professional companies. The average salary for fresher ranges between 3.3 lakhs to 4.5 lakhs.
- Tata communications ltd. - Tata Communications is an IT company and the salary for fresher ranges between 3 to 4 lakhs.
- United health care group - it is a health care service where companies provide benefitting services such as health care plans etc. The average salary for freshers ranges between 4 to 7 lakhs and after that can also reach up to 48 lakhs.
There are many other companies which hire BA English graduates according to their needs. You can also get full time and part times internships during your graduation years. This will add up to your resume.
We are your one-stop destination for the program:
You will surely get exposed to diverse fields of knowledge for instance
- Broader perspective and point of view.
- Integration of knowledge by reading various theories/ linguistics and dramas.
- Getting familiar with varieties of writings and also getting clarity of thoughts.
After completion of the course, you can also study further by pursuing MA, MBA and other diploma courses.